Monday, August 2, 2010

Jesus Presents the Eastern most point in the United States.

    


     Last week I was able to visit West Quoddy Head State park in Lubec, Maine. I lived in Down East Maine for 8 and a half years, and this was one of my favorite places to visit. Besides the obvious beauty, one can enjoy trails, watching for whales and seals, and if you are anything like me, climbing on rocks. If you come here to hike, I suggest taking the time to hike through the bog. You will find interesting species such as fiddleheads, pitcher plants, and enormous mushrooms.




     
     West Quoddy Head is one of my favorite light houses that I have visited. Where I have always been interested in lighthouses, while I was in college I took an underwater archaeology course taught me about the purpose and the history of light houses. I am really happy that I was able to visit this place again. I will be posting more pictures of Jesus from my most recent trip to New England. Look forward to more of Jesus in Maine, and perhaps a history of Jesus on Mount Washington.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like he's about to grab the lighthouse :P

    ReplyDelete