Friday, September 10, 2010

Jesus takes some R&R in the Wisconsin Dells

     My parents own an RV trailer that the keep at a seasonal camp ground near the Wisconsin Dells. Taking advantage of some beautiful weather I decided to spend a weekend with them at camp. One thing I love about going to the trailer is that it reminds me of being in Maine, and it is a good place to just sit around and drink beer all day. A set of family friends also have a trailer a few site down, and Saturday night dinner is always a big affair. Most of Saturday afternoon is spent doing errands not only for dinner, but also for the week.


     "Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:35

     Here we find Jesus at the Elite Bakery in Baraboo. This is a wonderful little shop that makes breads, doughnuts, and bagels using all natural ingredients and no preservatives. I am a particular fan of the sport bread, however we also got a loaf of the rye bread, and a lemon bar that was über tasty!



Next we found ourselves at the apple orchard. It was the first weekend of the apple season. There was not much out this weekend, however if you are in the area, there is not better place to buy an apple pie that the Ski-Hi orchard.


     "Then God said, I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it, they will be yours for food." Genesis 1:29

     It is not only fun to go eat apple pie, candy apples, and other home made local treats, but also fun to go play among the trees. It makes me a little said that apple season is here, because soon the trees will turn and winter will be here. However on this beautiful day, I chose to rejoice in apple season as this means pumpkins are not far behind! Say it with me, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins!


     Down the street from the trailer there is a farmer that cultivates sunflowers. You know you never realize just how short you are until you stand next to a sunflower. On errand of the day that Jesus decided not to show up for was the meat market. The lighting just didn't flatter his subtle characteristics.

No comments:

Post a Comment